COVID-19 Information for 250th Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series – Los Angeles
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KDE-US) has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy to protect the safety of its attendees. Each attendee 5 years and older will be required to show proof of being up to date and fully vaccinated before entry (this requirement may change depending on authorization of vaccines for the under 5 age group. We will update this FAQ as the situation evolves). To be up to date and fully vaccinated, an attendee must have received their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, plus their recommended Booster dose if eligible, at least two weeks prior to the event.
Acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination includes;
- CLEAR Yu-Gi-Oh! Event Health Pass
- A CDC vaccination card, a WHO vaccination card, or a photo of either card (printed or on an electronic device). The card must state the name of the vaccinated person, the type of vaccine received, and the date of the last dose. All players participating in tournaments and any spectators 18 and older must also show a photo ID that matches the identifying information on the vaccination card.
- Electronic vaccination records provided by a government entity
To assist with the COVID-19 restrictions, KDE-US has partnered with CLEAR Health Pass for events in the United States. Duelists can sign up for free at https://clear.app.link/YUGIOHEVENTS and then upload their vaccination information with CLEAR to create a Yu-Gi-Oh! Event Pass that can be easily shown on their phone. This option is only available at events in the United States. Events in Canada or Latin America will not be able to use CELAR Health Pass.
Children under the age of 5 will not be required to show proof of vaccination, but instead must show documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours of the event. The test must be a molecular or antigen test with Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Home tests will not be accepted. The documentation must show the test result, the type of test, the entity issuing the test, and the date of test.
Attendees who are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition must instead show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours of the event. In addition to the requirements listed above for showing proof of a negative test, these attendees must provide documentation from a healthcare provider verifying that the attendee has a medical exemption from vaccination. This verification must state the attendee’s name, the fact that the attendee is medically exempt, and must be signed by a healthcare provider.
KONAMI will be checking proof of vaccination, proof of negative test results, and medical exemption documentation at the entrance of the event. KONAMI reserves the right to refuse entry to attendees who do not comply with this policy.
Face Masks must be worn at all times during the event.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING
250th Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series – Los Angeles
- This will be a two-day tournament using Advanced Constructed Decks in the Swiss format.
- Best 2 out of 3 Matches
- Swiss Rounds followed by a Single-Elimination Playoff Top Cut. Rounds are dependent on the total number of Duelists at the time registration closes.
- Time Limit: 45 Minutes per Swiss Round.
How to Register for the 250th YCS – Los Angeles 2023
- Duelists will need to register online for this Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series event.
- Duelists can use the link above to get to the online registration site. There you will log in or register an account if you do not already have one. Once logged in, click on Events and select the 250th YCS by clicking on Details. Follow the instructions from there to confirm your seat at the YCS.
- Online Registration opens on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 12:00 AM (PT)
- Duelists will pay $25.00 USD to receive five (5) booster packs and registration in the event. This is the cost of five (5) booster packs in the local currency, including any taxes and fees.
- Deck Lists are not due when you register for the 250th YCS – Los Angeles but must be uploaded to your account and attached to your 250th YCS – Los Angeles Entry by 10:00 AM PT Friday March 31, 2023
- Duelists who register online MUST arrive on site Friday March 31, 2023 between 12:00 PM PT and 6:00 PM PT and check in at the event or they forfeit their seat at the YCS.
- If you discover you cannot arrive by 6:00 PM on March 31, 2022 to check in, you must email The Side Deck at email@example.com no later than 11:00 AM on Friday, March 31st to make alternative check-in arrangements.
Date & Location
April 1 - April 2
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 990015, United States
How to Register for the Website
How to Register for EVENTS
How to Create and Register Deck Lists